This dessert is a brownie and a cake because it's so moist but it's thick enough to be a brownie!
DO NOT BE AFRAID of this brownie cake. This yummy, healthy, flourless dessert is as healthy as it gets. The avocado and black beans make it really moist and thick. You're getting your fiber and healthy fats in this delicious Chocolately, Coconut Brownie Cake!
If you're a fan of MOUNDS candy, you will love this dessert!
1 can reduced sodium Black Beans
1/3 c ripe avocado (almost 1 avocado)
1/2 c sugar (I used stevia)
1/4 c cocoa powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c mini chocolate chips + more for sprinkling
3/4 c shredded sweetened coconut
- Beat 1 can of Black Beans.
- Add 1/3 c of avocado.
- Add 3 eggs, 1 c sugar, 1/4 c cocoa powder, pinch salt and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Fold in 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- Pour batter in greased 8x8" square dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle 3/4 c coconut and mini chocolate chips.
- Stick in oven for 2-3 extra minutes to melt the chocolate chips.
Instructions with pictures
Beat 1 can of Black Beans.
I used my wire whip attachment with my kitchenaid
Or you can use a food processor.
Add 1/3 c of avocado to bowl.
Add 3 eggs, 1 c sugar, 1/4 c cocoa powder, pinch salt and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
Mix all together.
Now doesn't that look delicious!
Add 1/2 c mini chocolate chips.
Pour batter in greased 8x8" square dish.
Preheat oven to 350. Bake 30-35 minutes.
Sprinkle coconut and mini chocolate chips. Stick back in oven for 2-3 extra minutes!
Dig in, cause it is so moist and chocolatey when it comes out!
I kept mine in the fridge to keep it moist. It was gone in 2 days! I love this dessert! And my husband loves it too!