Friday, August 10, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars

I've always wanted to make my own granola bars.  This recipe is so easy.  You will most likely have all the ingredients (which I love, save those pennies!).  You can add whatever you want to spice up your granola bars-- nuts, raisins, m&m's etc.  Have fun with it!


Get excited!


Here's what you'll need.



Dry Ingredients: Mix, 1 c Oat flour (I used regular oats and blended it in a blender), 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.



Wet Ingredients: Blend 2 T butter and 1/2 c brown sugar FIRST, then add 1 egg, 1/4 c honey, 1/4 c applesauce and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.  Blend together.



Add dry ingredients (including 2 cups of quick oats) to wet ingredients .  This is the fun part-- Add what you want to your mixture. I added mini chocolate chips, pecans and coconut (1/2 c each)! That's what I had in my food pantry :)



Stir by hand all ingredients together. 
I wanted to grab a fatty spoon and eat it right out of the bowl! 


Grab a 9"x9" baking dish, Cover with Parchment Paper.  Spray inside with cooking spray.
Now, fill dish with granola mixture and press down firmly. Put in 350 degree oven for 23 minutes!



The kitchen smelled so heavenly while it was baking. 
Let it cool in dish for 20 minutes then take out of dish and let it completely cool on cooling rack.


These are insanely good!  I plan on cutting these bars in half because they are quite filling! This was the perfect snack after my workout today!

You can find the full recipe HERE.

1 comment: