Introducing my first Recipe Post for Dinner:
I don't know about you but I LOVE Chili with a bit of a KICK!
This chili has the right amount of kick to it.
Not too hot BUT not too bland!
Which is exactly how I love it.
I wanted to pair this recipe with some Dang good Cornbread.
However, I don't have a go-to recipe.
So if you have a really good (homemade) cornbread recipe, please do share!
2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2-4 chipotle chiles, diced* (from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 4 oz can)
1-2 Tbsp Adobo sauce* (from same 4 oz can)
32 oz tomato sauce
1 (15-oz) can chili beans
1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green pepper, diced
shredded cheddar cheese
*Depending how much of a KICK you want your chili to have
- Brown 2 lbs beef in a fry pan. Dice 2-4 chipoltle peppers and add to ground beef. Pour 1-2 Tbsp of Adobe sauce from can and mix into beef.
- Add 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 Tbsp dried oregano, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, add 32 oz can of tomato sauce, 1 can chili beans, 1 can kidney beans and 1 can black beans.
- Mix beef mixture into large saucepan.
- Add diced green pepper to chili.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cover with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Top chili with shredded cheddar cheese.