My absolute favorite dessert my Grandma would make is this Coconut Cake.
I'm obsessed with coconut!
I always thought she made this cake from scratch...haha I couldn't
believe how easy it was to make her cake!
She was almost embarrassed showing me the recipe because it wasn't homemade.
But that's how delicious it is....Tastes homemade :)
Super moist and super coconutty and I love the whipped cream on top!
So here it is!
1 white cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Coconut Milk - small can
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 cup shredded coconut
*use applesauce in place of oil when making cake
- Bake cake in a 9x12 inch pan according to box mix directions.
- Mix 1 tsp or more coconut milk with your sweetened condensed milk.
- When cake is done poke holes with fork (or a straw) and pour 1/2 the sweetened condensed milk over cake.
- Wait 15 minutes, pour the other 1/2 sweetened condensed milk over the cake.
- Cool cake. Cover carefully and place in fridge over night.
- When ready to eat, top with cool whip and coconut.
My sister-in-law, Mica took this picture of when she made my grandma's coconut cake!
She also has a GREAT recipe blog that she does with some of her friends, You can find it HERE!