I LOVE this recipe that I discovered!
It is a little tedious but it tastes just as good if not better than
getting it at a Chinese restaurant!
I couldn't believe how perfect this recipe turned out.
You gotta try it! SO Delicious!
Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg, then in cornstarch. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Bake for one hour, turning chicken halfway through cooking so it is evenly coated with the sauce. Serve over rice.