Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crustless Quiche



I think I've only tried maybe 1 or 2 quiches in my life.
And I didn't like them because I thought it tasted weird with a crust.

So I decided to make a crustless quiche.
It turned out really delicious.

It's the perfect meal when you need a lot of protein.
I would warm it up the next day for breakfast too.

Quiches are very versatile..You can put anything you want in them.

Next time Blake wants a meaty quiche.
We'll see what I come up with!

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 c red onion, diced
handful fresh spinach, chopped
1 med tomato, diced
6 eggs
1 c cottage cheese
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


Instructions:

  1. In 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil cook all (5) vegetables in a frypan until softened. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl whisk 6 eggs.  Add 1 c cottage cheese, 2 Tbsp heavy cream, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
  3. Add cooked vegetables to egg mixture.
  4. Pour egg mixture into 9" pie dish.
  5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Instructions with pictures:
In 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil, cook all (5) vegetables in a frypan until softened. Set aside.


In a medium bowl whisk 6 eggs.  Add 1 c cottage cheese, 
2 Tbsp heavy cream, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.

Add cooked vegetables to egg mixture.

Pour egg mixture into 9" pie dish.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely trying this recipe! I might use almond milk though. Do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of the 2 Tbsp of Heavy Cream? I don't see why not. I'm sure it would be fine. It's only 2 Tbsp.

      Delete