Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mexican Foil Dinners


During Christmas break, as I mentioned in another post, 
my family took turns making dinner each night.  

On Staci's night, she made us these super delicious Mexican Foil Dinners! 
We were all in heaven!  Everyone LOVED this meal.

The best part is, you can make it your own!

We each made our own foil dinner by adding what we wanted and then 
when done cooking you add your own toppings!  

GENIUS!

My sister-in-law is so creative!



Ingredients:
makes about 5 tin foil dinners

1 lb ground beef
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can of diced green chiles
cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper--to taste
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 in cubes
cooked rice

Toppings: salsa, diced tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream etc.


Instructions:

  1. Brown ground beef, add corn, black beens, green chiles and seasonings.
  2. Rip off large pieces of non-stick aluminum foil,  Add a handful of sweet potato cubes and a large scoopful of beef/corn/bean mixture to foil.  Fold up sides and seal.
  3. Bake in 350 degree oven on a baking sheet for 45 minutes.
  4. When finished, add cooked rice and other delicious toppings listed above to complete your mexican foil dinner.

This is my new favorite GO-TO meal!

It's easy, delicious and my favorite part is the sweet potato...It adds a nice sweetness to the spicy!


2 comments:

  1. yay I made it onto the blog...I feel so special now. I'm so glad you enjoy it as much as I enjoy all of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I wanted that recipe. Thank you! It's something I can eat and enjoy without guilt!

    ReplyDelete