Monday, February 11, 2013

Turkey & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers


The Recipe
I LOVE peppers! They're so pretty b/c they're colorful!
I found this recipe looking through an Oxygen Magazine (women's fitness).
They always have really good recipes that I always want to try.
Very TASTY!


My Weekend
This weekend has been very relaxing!  
I did an amazing yoga session with me, myself and Bob Harper!
I would love to go to a class but I prefer not to pay for a gym membership.
Anyway, it was super relaxing!  LOVED it!

Also, I've been reading a very interesting book called Bombshell by Suzanne Sommers.
It's about how we can learn to age well by eating healthy & exercise.  She also touches on the new biotechnology that will be available in the next 10-15 years to help cure illnesses and cancer.
I'll see it when I believe it :)  I'll give a better review on my fitness blog, Fierce Body, when I'm done,

Have you seen the movie, Warm Bodies?
We watched it this weekend and we really liked it.
It's definitely a different twist on zombie movies.

I really liked the main chick.  She's a dead-on look-alike to Kristen Stewart.  Just blonde.
And....Better actress :)  Anyway go see it!  It's an enjoyable flick!

Speaking of zombies...Did you watch The Walking Dead??
I'm so glad it's back on!


Source: Oxygen Magazine

Ingredients:
makes 4 servings

4 bell peppers
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 eggs
1/2 c chopped scallion
2 Tbsp italian seasoning
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
shredded cheese, to top (optional)


Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350.  
  2. Cut bell peppers in half, discarding the seeds.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, quinoa, eggs, scallions and all seasoning, plus 1 Tbsp of tomato sauce. Mix well.
  4. Stuff each pepper half with the mixture.  Top each pepper with a spoonful of tomato sauce. 
  5. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 50 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment