This is one of my favorite go-to recipes if I'm in the mood
for something healthy but filling.
My husband (who is a picky eater) even loved it :)
It makes a big pot and I love eating it all week.
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 med. zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced cross-wise
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 c water
1 can black beans, drained
1 can great northern beans, drained
1 can (7 oz) green chiles
2 c frozen corn
- In a large pot, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add zucchini and carrots.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste), 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 Tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp cumin. Cook veggies for 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 c water.
- Lastly add black beans, northern beans, green chiles and frozen corn.
- Place lid on pot and cook for 10 minutes and Serve.
*Delicious served with avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips, shredded cheese.