Who doesn't love a simple recipe to make homemade rolls?
Well with this recipe, there's hardly any wait and they taste divine.
These rolls come out pretty large so you could even
divide these rolls and it would make 24 sm/med sized rolls....It's up to you!
This is my favorite go-to recipe for quick rolls...They're slightly sweet and super soft!
makes 12 rolls
1 c plus 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 c oil
2 Tbsp dry active yeast
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 c bread flour (or all-purpose flour)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixer bowl combine 1 c plus 2 Tbsp warm water, 1/3 c oil, 2 Tbsp yeast and 1/4 c sugar. Let it rest for 10 minutes to allow yeast to activate and bubble.
- Using a dough hook, mix in 1/2 salt, 1 egg and 3 1/2 c flour. Knead with hook until well blended and dough isn't sticking to sides of the bowl.
- Form dough into 12 balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat. Let dough balls rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.