Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Pizza





Pizza is one my absolute FAVORITE foods!
I mean, who doesn't like pizza?!?
However, every time I want to eat the whole pizza, not 1 or 2 slices.

So I was excited to see this lighter version of pizza!

I've been wanting to try this "Cauliflower Crust" for a while now and WOW!

I LOOVE this pizza crust.

I love how cheesy and flavorful the crust tastes in every bite.

It's really fun to make and incredibly easy!

You can easily eat this whole pizza without feeling overly stuffed afterwards.

A big A+ for Paula Dean, Well Done!


Oh and last night, Blake decided to grab some Mickey D's for dinner.
(McDonalds....me? not in a million years)

So I was more than happy to NOT have share this delicious Pizza :)

BTW I suck at sharing my food!  I think it's from having 6 brothers and sisters.
Food was gone fast in our house!
A favorite cereal....GONE the next day, so sad.


Source: Paula Dean

Ingredients:

2 3/4 c grated Cauliflower
1 large egg
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c + 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
basil, to sprinkle on tomato sauce
1/2 - 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
chopped fresh spinach
red pepper flakes, to sprinkle on top of pizza


Instructions:

  1. Grate cauliflower to make 2 3/4 c and microwave in a bowl for 8 minutes.
  2. Allow cauliflower to cool about 5 minutes.  Add 1 egg, 1 c shredded cheese, 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
  3. On a 12 in round pizza baking sheet (lined with non-stick aluminum foil) Pat down cauliflower mixture.
  4. Bake in 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
  5. Take baking sheet out of oven and add tomato sauce.  Sprinkle basil on top of tomato sauce.
  6. Add chopped spinach, Then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top.  Sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes for a bit of a kick (highly recommended!)
  7. Bake in oven for 10 more minutes.
  8. Slice and SERVE!





No comments:

Post a Comment