Need a healthy version of take-out Chinese food?
Trust me, Nothing is better than Take-Out!
(from a legit Chinese restaurant...of course)
But this comes close enough :)
This is quite delicious!
I love the BURST of orange flavor in this dish!
I love the crunchy vegetables as well!
My favorite part of this dish is how easy and fast it is to make!
3/4 c orange juice
1 Tbsp grated orange zest
scant 1/4 c soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil, or any oil
3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 - 2 c chopped broccoli
1/2 c shredded carrots
*I used Uncle Ben's Brown & Wild Rice...90 sec in the microwave..BOOM, done!
- In a small bowl, mix 3/4 c orange juice, 1 Tbsp orange zest, (scant) 1/4 c soy sauce, 1 tsp minced garlic, and 1 Tbsp brown sugar. Mix well, set aside.
- In a fry pan add 2 Tbsp olive oil, add chicken.
- Just before chicken is finished cooking, add broccoli and shredded carrots.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and chicken.
- Little by little, stir in 2 Tbsp cornstarch. Turn down heat to simmer and to allow sauce to thicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.