This is most definitely my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe!
It turned out super moist and chocolaty. Plus I like the melted
chocolate in the batter. It makes a huge difference in the taste of the final cupcake.
To top of this delectable cupcake, I added a mint glaze!
and....melted Andes mint chocolate + green course sugar + chopped up Andes mints.
It gives a nice presentation and it's super yummy!
makes 15 cupcakes
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
2 oz milk chocolate, chopped
1/2 c boiling water
1/2 c buttermilk
1 c cake flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Andes Mint Chocolate Glaze:
12 Andes mints
1/4 c butter
3/4 c powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp hot water
1/4 tsp vanilla
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine cocoa powder and chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Pour boiling water over and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the buttermilk.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using electric mixer, cream brown sugar, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and cream (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with the chocolate mixture.
- Divide batter among paper liners.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Cool in pans on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes in cooling rack and cool completely.
To make Chocolate Mint Glaze:
- At 15 second intervals, melt the Andes with the butter.
- Stir after every 15 seconds (only took 1 minute total in my microwave), whisk until glossy.
- Add powdered sugar and 3 Tablespoons of Water, and again, whisk until glossy.
- If not thin enough, add the 4th Tablespoon and whisk. Lastly, whisk in the vanilla.
- Next, dunk your cooled cupcakes into the glaze
- As you remove them, turn them slowly to try and get off all excess glaze.
- They will be gorgeous and glossy when wet.
- Dip cupcakes a 2nd time
I also melted Andes mints to drizzle on top,
sprinkled green course sugar and additional chopped up Andes Mints to top with!
So pretty and delicious!