You know how obsessed I am with coconut :)
So when I discovered these from Roxana's Home Baking, I knew I had to try them.
They're definitely a sweeter type of roll.
It's baked in sweet coconut milk...AHH I just loved these rolls!
After it comes out of the oven, the sweet coconut milk gives it a nice sweet glaze on top.
These are definitely a nice change from the typical dinner roll.
3 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1/4 c lukewarm water
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1 can coconut milk
1/4 to 1/3 c sugar - depending how sweet you like it
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, make a well in the middle, pour the lukewarm water and sprinkle the yeast on top.
- Leave a couple of minutes (about 5) until the yeast is dissolved and bubbles appear.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and with the dough hook on, start mixing slowing and adding 3/4 c plus 2 tsp coconut milk until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Leave the dough in a oily bowl, covered, to rest until doubled in volume.
- When risen, divide it in 8-10 balls and place them in a round or square baking dish.
- Cover again and let it rest until almost double in volume.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 375 degrees and mix the rest of the coconut milk with the sugar.
- Pour over the rolls, sprinkle some raw sugar on top (optional) and bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and the coconut milk is absorbed.