Friday, January 25, 2013

Flourless Pumpkin Waffles




The other day I posted a picture on Facebook of this delicious dish I threw together over the weekend.
And it was a great way to start my day.  It was just absolutely delicious!

I've been trying to focus on consuming less processed foods.  
This meal satisfies my nutritional needs and my undeniable sweet tooth, with natural foods!

Believe it or not, there is no flour in this waffle!  Just good-for-you ingredients.
You've got your Protein-eggs, Carbs-pumpkin puree, and Fats-pecans.

The coconut and other toppings are optional, but I highly recommend because it's quite the treat but also healthy. I love when those two words can be put in the same sentence.  It makes me so happy!



Ingredients:
makes 1-2 waffles

2 large eggs
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1-2 Tbsp shredded coconut
Agave Nectar Syrup, to drizzle
sliced strawberries, optional
spoonful of chopped pecans, optional


Instructions:

  1. In a bowl, whisk 2 large eggs, 1/2 c pumpkin puree, 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice until well combined.
  2. Mix in 1-2 Tbsp shredded coconut.
  3. Spray cooking spray on waffle maker. Pour 1/3 c of batter in preheated waffle iron (or in my case Belgian Waffle Maker!).
  4. Allow batter to cook for 5-6 minutes.
  5. Add toppings and top with Agave Nectar Syrup.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment