Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Smoky Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili


Can you tell that I LOVE Chili?!?
This is the 3rd kind of Chili recipe that I've added to this blog.

Chili is a big comfort food for me.  
It's hearty, filling, spicy and very flavorful.

The best part about this chili is the sweet potatoes!
It adds a bit of sweetness to every smoky bite.
There's also a bit of chocolate...which is beyond Brilliant!

I'm in love!

Also, It's meatless.  So if you're looking for vegetarian dishes, I highly recommend this dish!

It took me no time to make this soup.
It was very easy and fast to make!

You may also put all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours
 if you'd like to save even more time.  I didn't work that into my schedule and cooked it
all at once but still it came out perfectly!


Source: Fitness Magazine

Ingredients:

1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
2 15-oz cans black beans, drained
1 c fresh or frozen corn
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
1 large sweet potato, pealed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (steamed)
cilantro, optional
shredded cheese, optional


Instructions:
  1. First steam the chopped sweet potatoes (or boil).
  2. Add All ingredients in a large pot, EXCEPT the sweet potatoes.  Cook on med-low for about 10 minutes.  Mix in steamed sweet potatoes.
  3. Garnish with cilantro and shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment