Sunday, January 20, 2013

Southwestern Egg Salad


I like salads to change up my meals now and again but honestly 
I'm not a big fan of salads because I'm always hungry within an hour or so.

I have to have a salad with lots of protein, healthy fats and fiber 
and just a couple of veggies here and there.

This way I can feel full and satiated.

And this salad does the trick!

I kinda just threw this together. I'm pretty happy with what I came up with.


Ingredients:

1 can black beans, drained
1 can whole corn, drained
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 can green chiles
cumin, to add spice
1/2 avocado (to mix with boiled eggs)
2 eggs, boiled
handful of mixed greens and spinach, for base of salad

*The Bean mixture alone, is enough to make for 3-4 additional salads, to store for rest of the week :)


Instructions:


  1. Bean Mixture: Mix 1 can black beans 1 can whole corn, diced tomatoes, 1 diced avocado, 1 can green chiles and cumin to add spice. Set aside.
  2. Boil 2 eggs for approximately 10 minutes.  Dice cooked egg and mix in 1/2 an avocado.
  3. In a bowl layer with mixed greens & spinach, then layer with boiled egg/ avocado mixture, then top with bean mixture.


I didn't add any dressing.

There's enough flavors packed in this salad already.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment