Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


The other week I made these DELICIOUS cookies for my primary class.
I promised them I would make them some cookies.
We usually have about 7 kids in our class, but only 3 showed up that Sunday.

So we had LOTS of cookies left over.
It also served as a delicious Sunday dessert after our family dinner.

STILL with some left over, I took them to work to share with my coworkers!

All in all, this recipe makes a TON of cookies for all your loved ones to share!

Also, it took all my strength to not take a FAT SPOON & dig in to this Cookie Batter...YUM!


Ingredients:
makes 4 dozen

1/2 c butter
6 Tbsp shortening
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 c oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 bag of chocolate chips


Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Beat 1/2 c butter, 6 Tbsp shortening, 3/4 c brown sugar and 1/2 c sugar.
  3. Beat in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk 1 3/4 c flour, 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp sea salt.  Add to batter.
  5. Mix in 3 c oats.  Mix in 1 bag of chocolate chips.
  6. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment